Best Protein Shakes: Shake Up Your Life
Nowadays among many dieters, trainers and workout enthusiasts there is a growing tendency of drinking protein shakes which help the body build muscle and restore itself after exertion. In this article we are going to make a survey of the best protein shakes as well as their structure and benefits.
The experts say that protein generates nucleic acids, hormones, cellular messengers and immune system components. Besides, it is one of the body’s main building blocks for muscle, bone, skin and other tissues.
Dairy, eggs, meat and beans are well known as the source of solid food protein.
Talking about protein shakes, these drinks are made of protein powder which are mixed with water, juice or milk and possibly blended with other fruits, vegetables, dairy products or supplements.
Surely, protein shakes have a number of essential benefits:
- strength building;
- improved immune system function;
- muscle repair / preventing muscle breakdown;
- increased endurance;
- lean muscle mass growth;
- preventing weakness, tiredness and excessive appetite.
The protein Biological Value (BV) is the most popular measurement of its “quality”. It is counted in the following way: the replacement of nitrogen by100 grams of the protein, for example, eggs (100), whole milk (91), beef (80) are among solid proteins with the highest BVs.
When it comes to choosing a protein powder for your shake, there’s certainly no shortage of choice:
- Whey protein which comes from milk and has all essential amino acids and provide the quickest digestion and absorption of any other elements.
- Casein protein includes 80% of milk’s protein content. It is bit a slower protein concerning synthesis, but it is excellent for long-term protection against muscle breakdown.
- Soy protein is mostly consumed by people who are allergic or sensitive to whey or casein or just vegans who prefer non-animal food.
- Rice protein includes both essential amino acids and non essential amino acids. It is suitable for everyone while it’s hypoallergenic.
- Egg protein is a prime component of protein shakes and the most bioavailable for people. It’s worth admitting that egg whites don’t contain any fat or cholesterol, as many of us used to think. It is fast and easy to digest.
It goes without saying that you should take into consideration the fact that many people have sensitivity to certain products, that’s why you should consult a doctor when choosing the appropriate protein shake.
People often ask when they should drink protein shakes, so here is the answer:
- before cardiovascular workout;
- after strength training;
- before bed.
Many people from their own experience admit that protein shake diet is one of the best opportunities for those who want to lose weight gradually and to learn how to make proper meal planning. They say that while enjoying the tasty flavor of protein diet shakes, you loose weight because these drinks partly substitute your regular meals and eat less.
That’s wonderful that you can not overeat with these protein shake diet (only 100 calories per serving), as you are constantly supplied with all necessary elements to stay healthy and loose weight while not be starving.
As everything around us, protein shake diet has its pros and cons.
Among the most significant advantages are the following:
- time saving (5 to 10 minutes for preparing and consumption);
- great taste;
- fast results.
On the other hand, this diet has its cons:
- for many people it sounds like a fake, so they pass it by;
- at first you may be starving;
- you can’t be on protein shakes for the rest of your life.
The main rule is to do the protein shake diet for a week and, certainly, introduce gentle exercise at the same time.
I’d like to provide you with a nice protein diet shake recipe for weight loss.
- 40g of protein blend
- 3 tablespoons of yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed powder
- 1 tablespoon of barley grass powder
Blend all ingredients and pour this mixture into 500ml of water and blend once more.
We can draw a conclusion that protein shakes can change you and your life style for better. The most important thing is to stick to the rules of protein shake diet.